- Sales Compensation Management
- Incentive Compensation Management
- Merit and Salary
- Knowledge Center
Pre-Sales Consultant - Compensation
Iconixx is seeking a talented, high energy Pre-Sales Consultant who knows sales compensation intimately well. Although this a pre-sales role, it requires direct experience in compensation operations (either in finance, operations, or sales operations) with first-hand knowledge of operational needs, pain points, and politics of incentive compensation. If you have this background but think you may like to use your experience within a sales organization for an exciting career with upward mobility, then you may have an exciting career ahead of you on the Iconixx Team!
- A professional with 3-5 years of hands-on experience in the day-to-day incentive compensation business processes of planning, calculating, error-checking, paying out, and resolving conflicts in sales compensation, utilizing manual methods as well as popular sales compensation automation tools. You can relate first-hand how painful and inefficient the process can be, where the bottlenecks are, born from first-hand experience with manual and automated methods of calculating sales compensation. You may have been in operations or finance previously, but you find a sales role very interesting.
- An outgoing and customer-centric relationship builder, both internal and external, with impeccable interpersonal and communication skills. Relating empathetically to your customer’s situation comes natural to you, understanding business problems and strategic business issues as they relate to your customer on a personal level, whether she’s a Fortune 500 CEO, or a compensation analysts. You can “feel their pain!”
- A Subject-Matter-Expert on sales and incentive compensation, fluent in the common business problems with executing corporate strategy within operations and/or finance teams, documenting those problems, and demonstrating the pros and cons of automation solutions using common sales compensation metrics.
- A self-starter, thriving in the fast pace environment of a high-growth company. You love change. As an extremely talented champion in your own right, you loathe complacency and recognize high-growth depends on nurturing a culture of high performance in a tight-knit team. The team is your family. Your spirits are high, your attitude is awesome, and you are constantly build up those around you.
- Work directly with account teams of Sales Account Directors, Account Managers, and Sales Engineers to document prospective customers’ business strategy, operational business drivers, pain points, needs, and nice-to-haves that align well with the Iconixx solution suite. Utilize this information to create the appropriate set of Win Themes for each prospect.
- Demonstrate how the capabilities of Iconixx’s award-winning solution suite uniquely supports the prospect’s Win Themes, strategic and operational business drivers, solves their problems and alleviates pain points that matter most to them, in ways that align with their Win Themes (for example increasing sales performance, operational efficiency, forecast accuracy, strategic planning value). Demonstrations are through the use of powerpoint presentation and use-case-based product demonstrations, in small and large group sessions, and at trade-shows.
- Assist customers and account teams in putting together compelling business cases based on your subject-matter-expertise, the Discovery and Needs Analysis, and Iconixx Win Themes.
- Hone your craft. Constantly deepen your expertise in Iconixx products and solutions, seeking out faster, more effective, and easier ways for Iconixx achieve outstanding results and make our customer’s lives better.
- You are a subject-matter-expert in incentive compensation plans, components, systems, operations, performance metrics and reporting, executive dashboards and analysis, utilizing many systems and data sources related to compensation calculation, demonstrated by 3-5 years work experience in a finance or operations role with direct responsibility for compensation.
- Sales experience is a plus but not required.
- Previous experience with popular SPM/ICM solutions is highly desired.
- Impeccable interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Thorough understanding of the typical business cases for automating business processes relevant to the CFO chain of responsibility (for example cost take-out, efficiency gains, revenue gains, strategic imperatives).
- Ability to quickly learn the Iconixx Win Themes, sales presentation and demonstration script, and present/demonstrate them eloquently and persuasively utilizing your subject-matter-expertise.
- Creativity and flexibility to quickly learn new skills, work effectively in a team environment, and contributing to a championship culture.
- Willingness to travel up to 25-50%.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.